POSITION: Sr. Network Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director, IT Systems and Technology
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for managing and troubleshooting JTM’s network, running reports on network health and usage, providing input, and completing tasks on major technology projects and providing technical support to internal staff and teams. This position is responsible for network design and implementation of new technologies.
- Network Switching including but not limited to trunking, VLAN’s, Spanning Tree Protocol, stacking, fiber interconnects, sub-netting.
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Understanding and configuration of Firewall and wireless controllers including troubleshooting, updates and hardware refreshes
- Understand, support and implement virtualization technologies.
- Understand, support and Implement Microsoft server technologies and correlated service technologies, SMTP, IIS, File and storage, DHCP, DNS, AD
- Understand, support and implement Linux server technologies.
- Standard security technologies such as multi-factor authentication, endpoint encryption, spam filtering, SSL certificates
- Customer premise and cloud solutions especially Azure, WVD, and AWS, using technologies that meet customer requirements respectively.
- Remote access deployments: VPN, Terminal Services, WVD, VDI
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud-based networking: site to site, client to site networking, connectivity to the cloud and IPSEC links for customer.
- Administering and implementing various Wired and Wireless Networking solutions
- Advanced understanding of Network Security Policies, Monitoring Tools and Network troubleshooting, both remote and onsite
- Ability to migrate and upgrade client environments. Projects may include but not limited to Windows Server 20xx, Local to Cloud (Azure/AWS), Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, RDS, VMware, switches, routers and firewalls.
- Basic Windows Server and Network maintenance.
- Installation and troubleshooting of various IT solutions.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years of Networking support experience
- Ability to design and implement VLAN structure into an existing layer-2 only network
- Solid understanding of network concepts and troubleshooting related to switching, routing, firewalls, and wireless
- Understanding of current security and threat-management solutions
- Proficient documentation skills
- Support desk ticketing systems experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to have some flexibility with work schedule, as required
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Excellent spoken and verbal communicative skills