IT Leadership Institute
Successful IT Leaders
, whether formal or informal, must have the right mix of technical skills and emotional intelligence as well as a desire to continue learning. They help create long term vision, understand the people around them and their company culture and have a commitment to their community. All of these lead to happy employees, solid company results and notable contributions to our community at large.
The IT Leadership Institute is a formal 10-month leadership training program developed specifically for IT professionals.
This program is designed to help each participant understand themselves, how they appear to others, what their leadership style is and how to build teams within the IT profession.
- Delegate Smartly
- Effective Leadership
- Share Goals
- Develop Plans
- Create Vision
- Resolve Conflict
- 8:30 – 11:30 one day per month starting in October – no session in December
- Topics Include:
- The Essence of Leadership
- Community Project Planning
- Technology Leadership: Why is it Unique?
- Is Management for Me?
- Transformational Leadership: Vision & Strategy
- Transactional Leadership: Delivering the Goods
- IT Budgeting/Financials
- Relational Leadership: The Business of People
- Higher Order Leadership: Leading other Leaders
- HR/Interviewing Tips and Career Management/Networking
- Each session will have an IT leader present to share their perspective on the topic.
- Peer-to-peer discussions in a vendor-free environment
Proposed Dates of Meeting:
- Participant agrees to attend 9 of the 10 sessions in order to receive their Certification of Completion
- Participant and their manager will be asked to sign a “Commitment” document.
- Participant agrees to work with their cohort members outside of scheduled sessions to develop a community project that will help others in the IT community.
- Participant will have 2-4 hours of “homework” between each session.
- October 13, 2021
- November 11, 2021
- January 12, 2022
- February 9, 2022
- March 9, 2022
- April 13, 2022
- May 11, 2022
- June 8, 2022
- July 13, 2022
- August 10, 2022
Program Cost: $2,500
Sessions will be held in The Tower rooms at Summit Park: 4335 Glendale Milford Rd.
Series Sponsor – City of Blue Ash